Decorative Paving Stamped Asphalt 2 years old
This TrafficPatternsXD Crosswalk on Granville Island installed just over two years ago, looks as new as the first day it was installed in cooperation with HUB Surface Systems
TrafficPatternsXD Impressed Surface System
- Improve traffic safety especially at intersections and multi-use paths
- Preformed Thermoplastic enhances visibility for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians
- Promote and/or revitalize community image and pride
- Channel pedestrians across busy commercial parking lot areas
- Stands up to extreme use and weather.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ is stamped asphalt. So it is applied to the greater asphalt pavement and does not disrupt the surface. This eliminates the risk of heaving and settlement and ensures a pedestrian-friendly surface.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ makes economic sense.
- Fast and efficient stamped asphalt installation means minimal traffic disruption.
- Durability means low maintenance.
- Repairs can be made with minimal disruption.
- TrafficPatternsXD™ is road-safe.
- Smooth and trip-hazard free.
- Skid and slip resistant.
TrafficPatternsXD™, offers fast and efficient installation, skid and slip resistance, and unprecedented wear resistance and minimal maintenance.
Performance-based features of Decorative Paving Stamped Asphalt:
1. The sheets of material are positioned on the non-stamped asphalt surface.
2. The material is heated until molten.
3. Corundum is dispersed liberally across the material surface to embed the anti-skid elements while material sets
4. A 3/8” grid stamps a pattern into the material surface and gently through to the top layer of the asphalt.
5. The finished product is a brick-like, high-performance crosswalk, built to last and look great; an economic investment in safety.
High Skid/Slip Resistant: The dispersement of corundum while the material is hot allows the anti-skid properties to embed properly into the material as it sets.
- Designed for high-traffic crosswalks and traffic calming surfaces
- Stands up to extreme use and wear
- Provides optimum wear in adverse conditions
- Snowplow friendly
Although the material is stamped to create the look of bricks, it does not leave a bumpy, rigid feel as with pavers. The installation of TrafficPatternsXD™ results in a pedestrian and wheelchair-friendly surface.
- Eliminates the maintenance and safety concerns of loose pavers
- Repairs can be made quickly with minimal traffic disruption
Learn more about what's possible with TrafficPatternsXD
Similar TrafficPatternsXD Applications
Richmond Brighouse (TransLink)
TransLink’s Brighouse Station in Richmond is in the final stages of completion. Part of the improvements were the installation of TrafficPatternsXD crosswalks pithing the development area and across No. 3 Road…
White Rock Crosswalk
Take a look at the newly upgraded White Rock Pier. White Rock re-opened the Pier this September Labour Day long weekend. The upgrade includes a new TrafficPatternsXD Decorative Crosswalk…
School Crosswalk for High Visibility
Grandview Heights School utilizes StreetPrint for the creation of a visible safe school crosswalk. StreetPrint great for improving road safety systems for pedestrian & high traffic areas such as schools, intersections and…